Sunday, April 11, 2010

Don't Pass the Muffins


Am I the only one who had nearly given up hope of finding a low fat, low cal muffin that tasted great and didn't have that gluey-gooey-sticky-tough texture?

I found a treasure today on allrecipes.com:

BLUEBERRY BRAN MUFFINS

I read all the reviews and gave it a shot... glad I did! I made a couple of adjustments (see below) and ended up with a non-sweet, 1 weight-watcher point muffin with THE TEXTURE OF A REGULAR MUFFIN!! DID YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE? A REGULAR MUFFIN!!!

It's another Easter Miracle.

Here's what I changed after reading the reviews and realizing I was out of brown sugar...

I used 1/4 cup honey instead of brown sugar
I added another 1/2 tsp of baking powder and baking soda
I added 1 small chopped apple
I used 1 tsp Victorian Epicure Maple Spice (I would have added cinnamon otherwise)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I am going to try it today....only GLUTEN FREE!! Top that one girly!!

christine said...

I made this recipe last night and it was yummy; thanks Dawn!

Melanie said...

I am completely ADDICTED to these muffins.....so good!!

Unknown said...

Looks dee-lish! I just added it to my WW Recipe Builder!! as I plan to make them soon.

P.S. The new PointPlus value is 3.